Tap!

Posted: Tue 15th Oct 2019

Updated: Wed 26th Feb

Facebook comment councillor cleared

Latest North Wales breaking news, sport, what's on and business news
This article is old - Published: Tuesday, Oct 15th, 2019

A county councillor who had “vile” comments about Travellers posted from his Facebook account has been cleared in an investigation.
Prestatyn South West county councillor, Bob Murray, made the headlines when a comment from his account appeared on a thread started by another councillor about a Traveller encampment.
The post claimed “Hitler had the right idea” was made from the Facebook account of the Prestatyn councillor.
The post also asked “anyone got any gas canisters?” .
Cllr Murray denied making the comments claiming he had been hacked but a Public Services Ombudsman investigation was launched into the incident.
Now the investigation has been concluded with the Ombudsman clearing Cllr Murray.
A spokesman for the Ombudsman said: “The Ombudsman has concluded his investigation into Bob Murray. The investigation found no evidence of breach.”
A spokesman for Denbighshire Council said: “We referred the complaint to the Ombudsman and they carried out a full investigation. They concluded there was no evidence that he had breached the code of conduct.
“As a result the council will not be taking the matter any further”.

Cllr Murray said he would not be commenting at this time.

By Shane Brennan – Local Democracy Reporter



Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email news@north.wales

More...

Residents of new Flintshire housing estate left without bin collections for five months

Flintshire

Hundreds enjoy free summer activity session in Bangor

News

Extensive search underway for missing person in Llandudno

News

Fifteen roads revert back to 30mph in Conwy

News

Home Office revises asylum seeker housing plan in Gronant

Flintshire

Bid to develop former sailing club building into retail/business units in Pwllheli Marina

Gwynedd