North Wales Police – a quick guide and key contact information
North Wales Police covers the entire northern section of Wales. This area is divided into 10 distinct sections. Some cover much larger geographical areas than others. The ground covered by each neighbourhood policing team depends on the type of area covered.
For example, the Conwy and Denbigh Rural team covers a much bigger portion of North Wales than the West Conwy Coastal team. The latter covers several busier areas such as Llandudno and Colwyn Bay, which naturally have more people present. In contrast, the Conwy and Denbigh Rural area covers a larger and quieter part of the country. It takes in part of the Gwydir Forest Park and Snowdonia National Park.
Where is the main North Wales Police headquarters?
The headquarters are at Glan-y-Don, Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 8AW. You can write to that address if you wish. It is possible to include the department name before the main address; alternatively, you can direct your correspondence to a named officer.
Non-emergency calls can be made to 0300 330 0101, or to the non-emergency 101 number. Of course, if you need the police urgently, either because you are witnessing a crime in action or because someone’s life is at risk, call 999.
Does each area have its own police station?
Most do, and they are located as follows:
• Anglesey uses the Holyhead Police Station
• North Gwynedd uses Bangor Police Station
• South Gwynedd does not have details of an available station
• West Conwy Coastal uses the Colwyn Bay Police Station
• No station is mentioned for Conwy and Denbigh Rural, although local surgeries do take place
• Denbighshire Coastal and Abergele operates out of Rhyl Police Station
• North Flintshire has no named station, but surgeries take place regularly throughout the region
• South Flintshire uses Mold Police Station
• Wrexham Town is based at Wrexham Police Station
• Wrexham Rural runs regular surgeries throughout the area
Are there other ways to get in touch with North Wales Police?
Yes, the official website (https://www.north-wales.police.uk/) has a comprehensive contact page. This includes a list of options starting with “I want to…”, so you can look down the list to find the option you are looking for.
This page also has various department phone numbers, including:
1. Bikesafe – 01492 804135
2. Firearms licensing – 01745 539394
3. Ports and aviation policing – 01407 724444
All contact can be made in Welsh or English, depending on preference.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email firstname.lastname@example.org