Posted: Sun 1st Mar 2020

Conwy Council information and contact numbers

North Wales news and information

Conwy Council is responsible for providing services for residents living within Conwy County Borough. It is comprised of 38 electoral wards.

Where can you find the council buildings in Conwy?

The main council buildings are at Coed Pella, Conwy Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 7AZ. The buildings are close to the North Wales Expressway, which runs along this stretch of the northern coastline of Wales. Other roads leading to the area include Llanelian Road, the A547, and Conway Road.

Note that the council buildings are to the east of Conwy itself, just over five miles away. The fastest way to reach the buildings via road is via the North Wales Expressway, which should take just over 10 minutes depending on traffic.

How to contact Conwy Council by phone

You can do this by calling the main switchboard on 01492 574000. They will then route your call to the appropriate department.

Are there any emergency telephone numbers available?

There is an out of hours phone number, 0300 123 3079, that you can call if required. This would be the number to call if you have an emergency

They also offer Textphone services, where the number starts with 18001 and is then followed by the full phone number for the department you need.

The council website offers a contact option by selecting the appropriate topic or department. You may find contact isn’t necessary once you’ve reviewed the information provided in each case.

For non-urgent queries, you can also write to the council at PO Box 1, Conwy, LL30 9GN, starting the address with the name of the service or department your letter needs to reach.

When are the council offices open?

Reception opening hours for Coed Pella, the main building, are 9am to 5pm from Mondays to Thursdays. The opening time is the same on Fridays, but reception closes slightly earlier at 4.45pm.

Key Conwy Council services offered

Neighbourhood services:
This department handles many essential council services, such as recycling and road maintenance.

Council tax:
There is a separate area of the website that deals with council tax enquiries and issues.

Planning department:
This covers areas such as building control, planning applications and permissions, and conservation issues in the Conwy council area.

Highways department:
This covers all issues connected to roads and travel. Residents can report issues, find out whether permission is required for a dropped kerb and other similar situations, and purchase resident parking permits.

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email


Police hit back at ‘operation overkill’ criticism over driver eyesight tests


Gwynedd man jailed for torching own home in ‘reckless and dangerous’ incident


North Wales Police issue alert over fake job advert scam


Denbighshire Council Admits ‘Underestimated’ Bin Collection Time, Thousands of Collections Missed


Newly Formed Clwyd East Constituency Set For Hot Contest on July 4


Candidates vying for Clwyd North hotly contested parliamentary seat