Posted: Fri 10th Apr 2020

Caravan park on Anglesey investigated for breaching coronavirus closure

North Wales news and information
This article is old - Published: Friday, Apr 10th, 2020

An Anglesey caravan park is being investigated amid claims it breached regulations and stayed open during the coronavirus lockdown.

According to Anglesey Council, it has also sent out a warning letter to a pub on the island after North Wales Police provided evidence that it had breached government orders to close.

The revelation comes with a warning from the council’s public protection team that officers are undertaking a “pivotal role” in the battle against the spread of Covid-19.

“Our aim is to continue to help reduce the risk of spreading the virus and protect our communities,” said Anglesey’s chief public protection officer Les Pursglove, stressing that they “will not hesitate in taking action against those found to be flouting the regulations”.

Mr Pursglove said: “We’re doing this through supporting local businesses in ensuring compliance with strict new social distancing requirements during this difficult time.

“But we’ll also be taking appropriate enforcement action in relation to any business breaching the requirements over the coming weeks and months.”

Among the other measures taken is asking two local businesses advertising non-compliant PPE material and face masks on Facebook to withdraw them from sale.

The authority also confirmed that a letter advising all food and licensed premises on which ones can stay open had been sent out, with officers also engaging with businesses allowed to stay open on how to meet social distancing requirements.

In addition, help was provided for local distilleries to switch to manufacturing hand sanitiser while making sure they meet World Health Organisation (WHO) guidelines.

A spokesman said: “Officers will in the coming days be contacting a variety of businesses permitted to open to the public, to ensure social distancing requirements are understood and being adhered to prior to the Easter break.

“Officers are also engaging with the holiday let sector and are in dialogue with Menter Môn to ensure only suitable properties are made available to key workers and are duly authorised by the local authority in line with the regulations.”

By Gareth Williams – Local Democracy Reporter



Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email news@north.wales

More...

Police appeal after motorhome stolen in Denbigh

Denbighshire

Flintshire Council faces nearly £38m budget gap due to government funding shortfall

Flintshire

Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after A5 crash

Denbighshire

Police seek information after van stolen in Bangor

Gwynedd

Mcdonald’s Refuses to Provide Further Information for Wrexham Drive-Thru Site

Wrexham

Plans for Trampoline Park in Former Debenhams Store Recommended for Approval

Wrexham