Police appeal after agricultural vehicle stolen from farm near Denbigh
Police are appealing for information after an agricultural vehicle was stolen from a farm near Denbigh.
A green coloured Polaris Ranger UTV vehicle was taken from the farm overnight on Monday (13th September).
The North Wales Police Rural Crime Team has issued the following security tips following the theft:
- Keep your vehicle in a lockable garage or building and make sure you remove the keys and keep them in a secure location and out of view, not hidden on the vehicle and out of view of any windows.
- Use a grip lock that locks the brakes on the machine to prevent it being moved without removal.
- Physically secure your machine using suitable locking devices and fixed ground anchors secured to the floor using heavy duty security chains and padlocks.
- Consider fitting isolating systems to machines that will prevent theft such as fuel and battery isolators.
- Cover any windows to the building where your vehicle is kept this will prevent any persons looking through the windows.
- Consider installing security lighting and CCTV with sensors and PIR Alarms on the perimeter of the building or premises.
- Get your machine marked with security marking scheme.
- Fitting immobilisers, VHF and GPS Tracking devices.
Anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the area overnight should call police on 101, quoting reference Z135951.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email firstname.lastname@example.org